Secure Your Future
Before an event of death in service
In the event of death in service of an RSA holder, the employer or Next-of-Kin should notify AIICO Pension of the death of the RSA holder in writing.
Documents to be submitted by the Next-of-Kin to enable AIICO Pension discuss details of the deceased, the Next-of-Kin or representative shall provide one of the following documents been a satisfactory means of identification.
1. Valid International Passport
2. National Identity Card
3. Letter of confirmation of identity from his/her bank or a Notary Public.
Once the identification has been confirmed, the below listed documents will be requested from the Next-of-Kin or representative:
1. Letter of Administration or Will admitted to Probate
2. Certificate of Death/Cause of Death
3. Certificate of Registration of Death
4. Police Report (if death is by accident)
5. Burial Warrant issued by a Local Government Council
6. Evidence of Death/Burial issued by an Islamic Community Head or Judge of a Sharia Court.
7. Evidence of Death/Burial issued by a Leader of a registered church.
Copy of obituary poster (if any)
All documents received will be forwarded to the National Pension Commission for payment approval. AIICO Pension will only disburse into the bank details submitted upon receipt of approval from the Commission.